Saturday 23 June 2012

Day 6: Cravings again!

DAY 6: BEEF & VEGGIES



So I woke up feeling really good today! Definitely the best I've felt all week!

I got to have beef again today but with only veggies, and as much of them as I wanted. I went to the grocery store to buy the same thin cut strips of beef because to me it looks like there's a lot but they're so thin! I stir fried a bunch of veggies and mushrooms (the mushrooms tasted soo good in garlic and onions!)

I forced myself to drink my soup twice today, but in the evening when I had the second bowl I didn't even have half of it, because to tell you the truth, I AM SO SICK OF IT and I just can't take too much of it anymore. It's not that the soup tastes bad, because it doesn't, it obviously doesn't taste super yummy, but when I've had a lot of the same soup for 6 days now, I'm pretty sick of it, and the smell of it is getting gross!! I didn't end up making a second batch of the soup because the first batch made plenty, so I ended up freezing 1-2 cups of the soup in a few containers and have just de-thawed 2 containers today.

So as nice as it was to have beef again today, I'm still really missing more flavors in my food, thus I had tons of cravings today, they didn't hit me till about 5pm (and it doesn't help that my grandma brought over a bunch of cookies!) I'm not going to lie my brother was having a cookie and I asked him for a sliver of a piece, he gave me a piece that isn't even as big as a finger nail, so I don't feel guilty for eating it cuz it was TINY, but I have to say it tasted AMAZING!! Right afterwards I ate some soup to try to feel really full, and it worked, so those cravings diminished.  I also want to add that I made myself a salad today and made a dressing (that I know others have used on this diet) which consisted of fresh lemon juice, 2 minced garlic cloves, olive oil and pepper.  I didn't really care for it too much as the taste of lemon was really strong (even though I added more olive oil and pepper) so I only ate about half the bowl of salad.


I cooked all the food at once to last me the entire day, above is stir fried veggies (cooked with no calorie olive oil spray, garlic and onion), beef (cooked the same way along with mushrooms).


With today being Day 6 I have to say this diet has been really hard, it has tested my willpower every single day, and it has definitely been a boring diet!! I really miss normal foods and flavors!! I've been thinking a lot about how I will be eating once this diet is over (so I can maintain this weight loss) and although I was on weight watchers before I started I remembered how I thought parts of that program were challenging (I definitely don't think so now!!!!!) I know this diet has given me a lot of motivation, and physically seeing an awesome change with the weight loss has definitely motivated me to stick with WW and just stick with living a healthy lifestyle.

Speaking of physical change, I've really noticed a difference in the way my clothes fit and how noticeable it is to me of where on my body I've lost weight!! It feels pretty good, and definitely makes all the crap I've gone through this week worth it, but more importantly I have to maintain this weight loss and I feel I really will.

So yesterday I was doing some research into the science of this diet, and came across some interesting information that I thought I'd share. These are some pieces of info that I got from a forum about the Cabbage Soup Diet. The quotes are all pretty random, but I thought they were important pieces of information!

"All of us carry around anywhere from 10 to 30 pounds of waste material in our intestines. The dramatic weight loss that some see during the first week is mostly this waste. The diet is high in fiber and really cleans you out. If you were pretty clean to begin with, or close to your ideal weight, you won't realize an 8 - 14 pound loss in one round of the diet. It takes longer for our bodies to start burning actual fat."

"As for making it to the final day, if you stop on Day 5, then you lose the benefit of the super-fast metabolism effect that the last couple of days has for you."

" The point of putting in the meat on Days 5 & 6 are that your body starts up, like jump-starting your metabolism, and doesn't stop until Day 7. I lost most of my weight in the last couple of days, it was pretty staggering."

"The beef is for iron and proteins, the tomatoes are for digestion and fiber. Lots and lots of water purifies your system."

"What we all lose, if we stick to the diet for one week, is water weight and intestinal waste. Maybe some fat, but we will lose the waste before we start losing fat. Fat loss comes later. This is why, if you do the diet for seven days and then return to your normal way of eating, you will soon return to your normal way of weighing."

I thought these peices of information were really interesting! I definetly agree that If you go back to your old way of eating (and it wasn't very healthy) I bet you will gain it all back pretty fast.


Challenges of the Day
*Cravings were pretty bad today, probably more bad than yesterday as I couldn't have fruit to satisfy my cravings for flavor and sweetness!

*No other major challenges for the day


Food Recap

1 piece beef with veggies- 10am

bowl of soup-2pm

1 piece beef with veggies- 3pm

1 piece beef with veggies-4pm

1 piece beef with veggies-6pm

half bowl of soup- 6:45pm

Water Intake: 6 glasses
P#= 7

W.I (Morning of June 23, 2012)
Loss of 1.4

Overall loss: 7.2


* I want to state that I have changed my weight for today.  I originally weighed in at 6am and saw a 0.2 gain.  I was really confused by this and thought it may have been due to the olive oil I had but I had soooo little of it.  I then weighed in again at 2pm and saw a loss of 1.4.  I have consistently weighed in around 9am every morning this week, and I think with weighing in so early it may have affected the loss.*








1 comment:

  1. Mmm, that stir fry looked good! btw, I wanted to mention (only bc I couldn't tell) that you should have a final wrap-up post after day 7 to post your +/- and final thoughts.... kinda like what you did for your very first post: thoughts going in (intro) and thoughts coming out (outro). one more day left! good luck!

    ReplyDelete