Thursday 21 June 2012

DAY 4-I Love Smoothies!

DAY 5: Bananas and Skim Milk 

( up to 8 Bananas and all the skim milk you want)



It was so nice to wake up this morning and eat a banana!!  The information I've read about the diet says they are supposed to help with cravings for sweets and it really has!!  I was actually full from the banana (it still surprises me how full I get after eating such a small portion!!) I had a banana and skim milk smoothie about an hour later and that filled me up until 1:30pm.  I've never put cinnamon in smoothies, but I have to say it tasted really good with bananas and milk!!  

For lunch I forced myself to eat a bowl of soup (along with my second smoothie of the day) but I was getting so full from the smoothies that I only ended up eating half the bowl of soup.





I was out most of the afternoon so I didn't end up eating dinner until 7:45pm when I had a banana and a bowl of soup.  I ended up putting a banana in the freezer and later on I peeled it, smooshed it with a fork and ate it like it was ice cream, it was actually really yummy and felt like a treat!

Again my cravings for today have been quite minimal, but I feel the worst of it was when I was out and about driving, and just driving past restaurants and picturing the big dishes they serve!!  Sure made me hungry! I think at this point more than anything I'm craving an actual meal, like a big plate in front of me with some meat, veggies and potatoes.  I'm not craving fattening foods, just craving a normal meal instead of all the soup I've been eating. 






 It definitely hasn't been easy eating all that soup everyday and being so limited as to what I can eat with it.  On a positive note this diet has really made me more aware of how good fruits and veggies are for you, and I can tell the difference in how I feel after I eat veggies or fruit and how my body reacts to it. 

I think a key thing to this diet is to not allow yourself to get so hungry and when you do, eat soup right away!  I usually have soup around noon and then I'm good to go anywhere from 4-7pm when I get really hungry.  Its those moments when I become starved that I obviously crave yummy foods like crazy, and as soon as I force myself to eat that soup, those feelings go away.  It's definetly not easy eating that soup everyday, and I was starting to get real sick of it, so today I added a bunch of pepper and a little garlic powder (even though those spices were already in the soup) and it tasted wayyy better!!  I still don't really enjoy eating it, but I can definetly handle it.  I know there are a lot of different versions of soups you can make (regarding using which spices to flavor it with) but I found such a difference with adding more pepper to it!!




Overall it was a good day, my energy is definitely increasing and I'm thinking more clearly (felt sluggish and not myself the past few days).  I'm still not myself regarding my energy level, but I guess that makes sense with such the low amount of calories I'm taking in everyday.  My skin is looking really good, and the weight continues to be dropping which is awesome!

Tommorow is Beef & Tomatoes day (10-20oz of beef and up to 6 tomatoes)  Cannot wait to eat meat!!! Just have to figure out how the heck I'm going to spice it up with flavor as I can't use any sauces or anything with fat or salt in it!

Sorry I don't have any pictures from today as I forgot to take some, and I wasn't home the majority of the rest of the day.  I'll definitely post pictures tomorrow!


Challenges of the Day

*driving by restaurants and picturing items on their menu in front of me! Mmmmm

*again my water intake was a challenge today, it ended up being a busy day but that should be no excuse (they say the more soup and water you consume the more you will lose)


Positives of the Day

  • I don't think I've mentioned this, but for the past 4 days I have been having the best sleep of my life! Such deep sleeps, and I wake up feeling really rested!
  •  skin is looking clearer and clearer!
  •  got a compliment on my weight loss today!  Yay!! 
  • Bananas are delicious!!!!!! Yumm!!



Food Recap
1 banana-10:45am
1 smoothie (1 banana, cup of skim milk, pinch of cinnamon)-11:30am
half bowl of soup & smoothie-2pm
1 banana-7:30pm
Bowl of soup-7:45pm
1 banana (frozen)-8:30pm
1 banana-11:30pm
Overall: 6 bananas today
Water Intake: 2 glasses

# P's
I didn't really keep count today but I assume around 6

W.I (Morning of Thursday June 21, 2012)
= 1 pound

Total Loss of exactly 5 pounds!!


2 comments:

  1. It's a good thing you like[d] banana's! Glad to hear you're doing well :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a question. On day 7 it says you can drink fruit juice but, typically fruit juice is high in sugar and such..I was wondering what kind of juice (if any) you had? Thank :)

    ReplyDelete