Sunday 17 June 2012

DAY 1-Gone Fishing

 DAY 1: FRUIT & CABBAGE SOUP ONLY

Sunday June 17 


So I've gotten through the first day of the diet.  I have to say it's not as bad as I thought it would be.  I'm not going to lie it was pretty rough getting up at 5:40am for work today and not being able to have a coffee.  The diet says I can have black coffee, but what fun is that!  I'm not an everyday coffee drinker, but I always have it before work so that's one routine I'm finding hard to change.  Instead I put a glass of water on my desk at work and sat there wishing it was a double double. 



So I was at work till 3pm today which made things much easier as I have always found it hard eating at work so my morning wasn't too bad.  I had my FIRST bowl of cabbage soup around 11:30am and it wasn't bad at all.  My co-worker even wanted to try it, saying how good it smelled (Yea..I added a lot of Italian spices) but I really was pleasantly surprised the taste was not as bad as I had thought it would be, and surprisingly I enjoyed eating the cabbage (guess all those Croatian cabbage rolls are to blame for that!)


I think one thing I would change in the recipe is the diced tomatos.  Every time I ate the soup today I felt I was fishing through the bowl avoiding every piece of tomato as possible.  I like tomatoes, I just don't like big chunks of it.  I think for my second batch (you usually have to make two batches for the 7 days) I will either chop up the already diced tomato's myself, or just blend them.  Speaking of blending, I'm thinking of blending a bowl of soup tomorrow to change it up a bit, and to save me time fishing for everything except tomato's!!!!

Challenges of the Day

  • Driving on the highway from Langley to Burnaby after eating a bowl of soup and having drank a glass of water and needing to pee sooooo badly while my bf  gets a kick out of it!
  • Picking and fishing through my bowl of soup in trying to not eat chunks of tomato
  • Had a headache for about 3-4 hours, its a different kind of headache, very light, not full on but enough to be really irritating!
  • Trying to drink enough water, my goal is 6 glasses a day minimum and I'm only at 5 glasses (after forcing myself to drink drink drink!)


FOOD RECAP
1 peach around 8am
1 bowl of soup @11:30pm
1 bowl of soup @3:30pm
1 plum
Half a cantaloup (they were med-small size) @ 6pm
2 pears @ 7pm


So overall the first day hasn't been too bad, I could definitely do without the headache in the evening, but from what I've read this is quite common for the first day or two as your body is detoxing.  I didn't have any cravings throughout the day until around 7pm (damn pizza commercials!), but I just ate some fruit to satisfy the sweets I was wanting.  I have to say that I found the soup to be quite filling and I wasn't hungry at all today, more than anything I just had cravings of any kind of food except soup and fruit!   I am NOT looking forward to the meal plan tomorrow (Veggies and Soup Only..except one potato at dinner) as I can't have any dips with the veggies and I'm pickyyyyyyy!


First Weigh In (Morning of DAY 2-June 18,2012)
Loss of 1.4 pounds 


2 comments:

  1. Again, well written, great picture and awesome layout! :) I look forward to the rest of the week.
    A suggestion if I may... I think you should also add a "Pee Number" to see how many times you had to go... call it the 'P#'. Haha. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha good idea!!!! Thanks!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete