Wednesday 20 June 2012

DAY 3: Feeling Good!

DAY 3: FRUIT & VEGGIES-Tuesday June 19


So today has been the best day so far on the diet.  Everyday isn't a great day, BECAUSE I CAN'T EAT THE FOODS I WANT lol but....so far today has been a good one.  The cravings are very minimal, and I was SOO excited to wake up and eat a piece of FRUIT!! 


 Oh how I have never loved fruit more than I do today! 



Yesterday was pretty brutal just eating veggies only and soup, but I'm not a big raw veggie person.  I love veggies, but I usually fry them up somehow or I eat raw veggies with dip.  I would fry them up, but I can't use olive oil (although they say if you REALLY need to, you can use a teaspoon of oil) and I prefer to stick to the diet very strictly as I want to see a big weight loss by Sunday morning!!






It filled me up enough that I didn't eat anything else until 12:30pm.  For lunch I had a bowl of soup with a plate of veggies and fruit.  I actually cooked those veggies (frozen veggies) yesterday, and as they were boiling I looked on the package and saw there was sodium in it (25mg) so I didn't eat them.  Later on while at the grocery store after sifting through numerous bags of all kinds of veggies (staying away from peas and corn as you cannot eat them on this diet) I realized that every bag of frozen veggies will have some sodium in it (makes sense I guess) so I ended up eating the veggies today.  I don't know what it was, but the veggies smelled bad for some odd reason.  I had them stored in my fridge and nothing else was in there, but there was just a weird smell to it, so it made eating veggies a little less enjoyable today.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrows meal plan as I get to eat up to 8 Bananas and as much skim milk as I would like.  I'm not a fan of skim milk on its own, but I think I'll be able to live with it (will be my first source of dairy in 3 days!).  I'm pretty excited to wake up tomorrow and make myself a banana and milk smoothie (with a little cinnamon!).  As for today, I've mostly eaten fruits more than veggies.

I worked all afternoon 3pm-11pm and as for some odd reason I always have trouble eating at work, I really wasn't too hungry.  I had some fruit around 6pm and then cabbage soup around 8pm.  I had a medium size bowl of soup and I was good to go. Once I got off work at 11pm I was STARVING again (I find late at night is when I get super hungry) so I got home and ate a pear and that filled me up. 



Challenges of the Day


  • Today was another one of those days where it was hard to drink a lot of water 
 
  • Did have minimal cravings but they weren't as bad as yesterday

  • I' m getting sick of feeling SOO bloated after eating ANYTHING! I've read this is VERY common but its just such a heavy feeling (it only lasts 10-15 min) but its still annoying



Positives of the Day

(thought I'd add strengths/positives of the day as I felt there were a few to note!)

  • Higher amount of energy
  • Less cravings and less dreaming about foods I can't eat
  • My skin looks really good! It's never bad, but I can tell this diet is making my skin look really clear!!
  • I can tell I've lost weight in my face/shoulders/arms (yes I've stood in front of the mirror since starting this diet, trying to find noticable differences and I can finally see them!)
  • I really like how full I get so fast after eating my meals (keep in mind I eat my soup pretty slowly as that method helps tell your brain your full faster, plus I can't down that soup so fast, its just not that enjoyable, but I'm not at the point where I can't stand it!)
  • This doesn't relate to today, but I wanted to say that yesturday I was allowed to put a small amount of butter on my baked potatoe and I chose not to!! *Proud Moment*

Food Recap

2 tangerines & 1 pear for breakfast - 10am
1 full bowl of soup, steamed veggies (half cup), 1 apple, 1 peach-12:30pm
1 apple, 1 plum-6pm
1 bowl of cabbage soup for dinner-8pm
1 pear
Water Intake= 5 glasses

P #'s

8


DAY 3 WEIGH IN (morning of June 20, 2012)

Loss of 0.8

 

*Overall loss of 4 pounds *

 





2 comments:

  1. Glad you can eat fruits again! It's nice that you're looking forward to the banana's and skim milk! You're almost done this week and NEXT TUESDAY we can splurge a bit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha YES!! looking forward to Tuesday!! I will splurge a bit that day, but everyday next week I plan on hitting the GYM to keep this this weight off!!

    ReplyDelete