Friday 22 June 2012

Day 5: Sleepy...

DAY 5: BEEF & TOMATOS




So today was beef and tomato day and because I can't stand to eat tomato's raw I read on cabbage soup diet webpage http://www.cabbage-soup-diet.com/cabbage-soup-diet-faqs/ that you can substitute tomato's for watermelon and because I LOVE watermelon that's what I did. I've been looking through forums, posts etc today to get motivation about sticking with this crazy diet and I came across a post saying to not eat fruit in the last 3 days of the diet (posted by the women that runs the CBD website) So I'm a little confused right now, and am really hoping I'm not making a big mistake, lets hope I don't see a gain in the morning! I've emailed her and am anxious to get a response back!

This diet really does put your body through all kinds of everything!  Day 1 I was tired, Day 2 I was kinda tired, Day 3 I was tired but getting better, Day 4 I was great, and today I woke up with lots of energy but right after I ate my first piece of beef, I got soooo full, sooo bloated, and extremely tired! I've been tired the remainder of the day. I was so ready to go work out for half an hour (you should only exercise 30min a day max on this diet), but I could barely get myself off the couch to go to the washroom (all the 500 times I went today lol!)  But before I had that yummy beef, I had a bowl of watermelon for breakfast and it was sooo yummy and definitely filling! I feel that Watermelon has been my go to food today, as the cravings for sugar has been pretty bad and the sweetness of the watermelon has definitely helped. 


I have to say it was REALLY nice to eat a piece of beef today!! I seasoned it with pepper, garlic powder, paprika, no salt chicken seasoning and a little veggie seasoning, and cooked it with sliced onion, with a little olive oil zero calorie spray. I sauteed some red pepper (also a suggestion to substitute tomato's with) and overall it turned out well, just not used to using so much spices and no sauces or gravy for the beef. I bought 15oz of beef (am allowed up to 20oz)  the thin cut strips of center loin, there's a fancy name for it but I forget now.

The diet's plan says for Day 5 to especially drink 6-8 glasses of water to wash the uric acid out of your body and because I only drank 2 glasses yesterday I've been forcing myself to drink lots today!!








Challenges of the Day

*the cravings for sugar have been pretty bad today, cravings for any food have been bad!

*I've been super bloated ever since I ate my first slice of beef today

*I only had 1 bowl of soup today, I should be eating more of it, but its getting harder and harder




Food Recap
1 bowl of cut up watermelon- 9:00am
1 slice of beef with sauteed onion/red pepper-11:30am
1 bowl of cabbage soup-1:30pm
1 bowl of watermelon-1:30pm
1 slice of beef with sauteed onion/red pepper-4:00pm
1/2 bowl of watermelon-4:15pm
1 slice of beef, bowl of watermelon 7:45pm
Water Intake=6
P#= 11



W.I (Morning of Friday June 22, 2012)
loss of: 0.8

Total loss of  = 5.8 pounds


*I have to say that I find it interesting that I've lost exactly 0.8 pounds for a couple of days throughout the diet.  I think I would have lost more weight if I had more soup but I just couldn't stomach eating more than one bowl when I could have BEEF!  So tomorrow I'm going to try to eat more soup :( and see if there is an increase of weigh loss by Saturday morning!  Stay tuned for tomorrows weigh in!

2 comments:

  1. That beef does look tasty! Did that lady ever reply to your msg? And it is interesting that you've had a -0.8 pounds the last couple of days! Good luck today, hope you drink lots of water and have more soup! It'll all be over soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sally! Yes that lady replied, she said if you CAN'T have tomato's then you should have red peppers instead. She didn't mention anything about the watermelon...oh well I ate it anyways!

    ReplyDelete